A trademark recruitment portal of StreSERT Services Limited
Job Ref: SO-PO-PEI
Job Location: Sokoto, Nigeria.
Position: Full-time, 12 months contract.
Our client is a not for profit organization focused on raising dynamic, innovative and principled leaders who will drive positive transformation in Africa. We provide relevant and tailored interventions that support effective youth transitions in the area of education, entrepreneurship & employability, civic participation and social mobility for young Africans.
The Project Empower Initiative is a skills development programme designed to empower young people from ‘the below pyramid communities’ in Sokoto state with technical, vocational and entrepreneurship skills to enhance their livelihoods. The project aims to support national economic growth by supporting businesses capable of creating employment and wealth.
We are seeking to hire a Project officer to coordinate the implementation of Project Empower in Sokoto state.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Report to and work closely with the Programme Coordinator for Project Empower to create and implement specific strategies for the successful implementation of the programme.
2. Monitor the technical and vocational skills training component of the project
3. Plan the entrepreneurship skills training component including but not limited to training plan, identifying facilitators and coordinating participants, supporting the effective allocation of resources for the project from start to finish.
4. Maintain contacts of all relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure that project timelines, specifications deliverables and guidelines are being adhered to.
5. Prepare and share a regular weekly/monthly report on the progress of the project with all internal and external stakeholders.
6. Coordinate the selection process for beneficiaries, vendors, contractors and procurement of resources required for the implementation of the project.
7. Lead stakeholder engagement and drive awareness of the programme
8. Support in the monitoring and evaluation of the project deliverables and outcomes
9. Keep proper records of all information related to the project for documentation, clarification and presentation to management in line with the organization’s project management guidelines and stakeholder requirements.
10. Coordinate post-training business and advisory support for participants including but not limited to business registration
11. Engage in any other tasks that may emerge to ensure the success of the Project and as assigned by your supervisor.
Remuneration: N150, 000 monthly
The required candidate should possess the following:
1. Bachelor’s degree in any field.
2. Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in the non- profit/social sector, working directly with beneficiaries and stakeholders.
3. Experience and knowledge in entrepreneurship skills development.
4. High level of creativity and problem solving, and conceptualization.
5. Language proficiency - Hausa and English. Familiarity with the local community, their language and culture.
6. Possess very good interpersonal skills, negotiation skill, sound judgment.
7. Strong work ethics.
8. Proficient in the use of MS office suite, Google suite.
9. Excellent communication and speaking skills both oral and written
10. Aligned in thought and actions with the organization ‘s values (RISE - Respect, Integrity, Synergy and Excellence).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates with the required years of experience & skills should forward CVs to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using ‘SO-PO-PEI’ as the subject of the mail before May 30, 2021.