A trademark recruitment portal of StreSERT Services Limited
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reporting Line Manager: Executive Director
Direct Reports: Heads of all the key Entrepreneurship Program areas
Our client is a leading non-governmental enterprise support organization whose primary focus is enabling Nigerian entrepreneurs succeeds at every level of their commercial undertaking, through the provision of various business programs aimed at supporting and exploring their full potential.
Consequent to recent growth, the organization now seeks the services of a Dean for its School of Entrepreneurship.
The ideal holder of this role will provide strategic leadership to the School of Entrepreneurship and ensure that the organization's strategic goals are achieved. The role holder will work with Program Heads to attract and recruit suitable entrepreneurs within their target audience segments; oversee the development and implementation of leading entrepreneurship curriculum content and programming; ensure the retention and recruitment of relevant faculty; oversee strategic impact monitoring; and provide an outstanding learning experience and inspiring environment for program participants.
· Small and Growing Business Curriculum Development and Capacity Building
· Leadership and People Management
· Standards and Quality Assurance
· Administration and Technical Support Services
· Strategic Partnerships
· Business Operations
· Financial Management
· Risk and Project Management
· Consultative Processes and Communication
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Develop and implement a mid to long term strategic plan for the School of Entrepreneurship in line with the overall strategic objectives of the organization.
· Lead the institutionalization efforts to position the school as the leading nonprofit provider of entrepreneurial education in Nigeria.
· Provide exceptional leadership to create and drive pragmatic policies that will engage all stakeholders in delivering activities to actualize the strategic objectives of the School.
· Oversee the day-to-day operations of the School of Entrepreneurship and
· Direct learning service areas with respect to curriculum and facilitation, professional development, and related support services for the entrepreneurial students.
· Lead the School of Entrepreneurship team to develop, implement, and evaluate project plans and strategy to achieve goals and objectives.
· Attract, partner and retain course facilitators and curriculum developers who are astute in their lines of business experience to ensure that the School builds and maintains a strong entrepreneurial reputation
· Partner with the Executive Director to raise and sustain funding for the School.
· Grow the online offering and portfolio to ensure a broad reach to entrepreneurs across the country
· Ensure that initiatives across all program areas are coordinated while integrating both academic content and instructional strategies
· Oversee the budget preparation and monitoring for the School in line with yearly targets and also ensure prompt financial management and reporting to key internal and external stakeholders.
· Stay up to date with relevant thought leadership around entrepreneurship support for small and growing businesses including leading practices on entrepreneurship curriculum, business support services, digitization strategies to enable the School’s continued adoption of innovative strategies towards sustainability.
· Gather regular feedback and evaluation to ensure that the School is focused on continually improving the experience of its entrepreneurship program students.
· Promote business innovation and a wide network of sector relevant relationships
· Raise the profile of the School in the entrepreneurship/business sector
· Drive the growth of research, knowledge exchange, public engagement and enterprise
· Represent and promote the School of Entrepreneurship across key internal and external stakeholder communities.
· N8million - N12million (Annual Gross)
· Undergraduate degree from an Accredited University. A relevant postgraduate degree particularly within Business or Social Sciences such as Masters of Business Administration, Masters of Education, Masters of Public Administration will be an added advantage.
· Extensive years of experience at Senior Management at an Enterprise Support Organization, Academic institution focused on entrepreneurship, SME Consultancy or Business Development Service provider will be an added advantage.
· Strong knowledge and experience designing and overseeing end to end incubator and accelerator programs that include mentoring and advisory programs.
· Relevant professional qualification and memberships.
· Developing strategy and translating it into achievable and measurable operational outcomes (ability to balance the big picture with detailed steps to reach the end goal).
· Very strong demonstration of critical thinking and data analysis skills with ability to identify trends.
· Demonstrable financial literacy skills and competencies.
· Very strong public speaking, teaching and facilitation skills.
· Ability to articulate priorities and manage competing demands to deliver change in a complex environment to achieve results
· An innovative and entrepreneurial mind-set
· Ability to negotiate with, persuade and influence key stakeholders
· Experience developing resource plans
· Significant experience in (or engaging with) private/public sector industry/business services
· Experience of running a successful and profitable business of relevant scale preferably
· Ability to set clear metrics for success and drive continuous improvement
· MUST be a person of integrity
· Passion for the growth and development of entrepreneurship across Nigeria.
· The School of Entrepreneurship programs are across Nigeria and as such, the role will include about 30% travel time
Interested applicants should forward their CVs to email@example.com using the job code SOEFT-2021 as subject. Please note that ONLY qualified and shortlisted applicants would be contacted