A trademark recruitment portal of StreSERT Services Limited
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Our Client is an NGO that drives positive change in Africa through her bespoke intervention programs that engender youth transitions in the areas of entrepreneurship, civic involvement, social status shift, as well asemployability.
Consequent to recent strategic expansion, the company is seeking to hire a Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Manager to support the organization in conducting world class research, in-depth impact assessment & measurement, and supporting the achievements of the organization’s strategic goals of “Making secondary education work and Developing talents for the SDGs” in Africa.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Leadership and Strategy:
1. Reportto and work closely with the Executive Director in developing and driving the organizational vision and MERL strategy; translating the strategy into actionable goalstowardsthe growth of the organization.
2. Direct and coordinate all research activities for the organization, working in partnership with other relevant stake holders in alignment with set out mission and strategy.
3. Provide leadership for the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) unit by driving the development of impact measurement, evaluation frameworks, tools and the definition of key performance indicators to measure organizational effectiveness.
4. Provide on-the-job coaching to theMonitoring and Evaluation team
Monitoring, Evaluation and Data Analysis:
5. Collaborate with program’s team and partners in the conceptualization, design and development of impact measurement frameworks and indicators, in planning and standardizing needs assessment, setting monitoring plans for projects; monitoring and evaluating programs/projects objectives using data.
6. Provide evidence-based recommendations to improve programming and program design
7. Conduct both short term and longitudinal studies for program and project
8. Design, test and refine data collection and evaluation tools to ensure quality assurance inline with international standards.
9. Carryout analyses and visualization of project data; communicate results clearly with actionable recommendations.
Fundraising and Partnerships
10. Identify and apply for relevant research grants for the organization.
11. Identify, initiate and manage relationships with strategic partners for the organization.
Research and Writing
12. Lead the research activities in concert with the organization’s mission and strategy. Activities include -coordinating research fellowship programs, signing off key research projects and decisions, integrating intelligence gained from other units into research agendaand study design, sharinginsights learned fromresearch with all relevant stakeholders.
13. Carry out and oversee writing activities for the organization- disseminating evidence obtained from research work which includeswhite papers, concept notes, research andevaluation reports, policy briefs, infographics, peer reviews and articles.
14. Submit project reports on time, in-line with stakeholders expectations and appropriate fornon - technical audiences.
Thought Leadership and Advocacy
15. Support the process of curriculum development, and review as well as conducting mappingofbestpractices researchforthe organization’scurriculumand pedagogy.
16. Host convening’s and oversee the dissemination of program findings, constantly communicating with stakeholders and policy makers on the evidence obtained from the programs with a goal to mainstream the organization’s curriculum.
17. Developing systems-level advocacy materials in line with the organization’s strategic pillars.
18. Engage in other tasks that may emerge as a result of the growth of the organization and asassignedby your supervisor.
N500,000 and above monthly
1. Minimum of a Masters’ degree in the social sciences or related field (Advanced degree will be a good advantage).
2. 5+years of experience (including a minimum of 3 years leadership and management experience in the nonprofit industry) with demonstrated interest in social entrepreneurship and research
3. Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from projectinitiation to closeout.
4. Highly organized.
5. Strong stakeholder management skills
6. Ability to provide appropriate levels of independence, guidance and coaching to direct reports
7. Strategic thinker, thinking holistically about the organization’s mission, and relationship between their work and the work of others
8. Excellent communication skills with ability to deliver presentations at major industry events and conduct interviews with media.
9. Candidate must have published research, white papers, policy briefs etc.
Interested and qualified candidates with the required years of experience & skills should forward CVs to ‘email@example.com’ using ‘TCT-M001’ as the subject of the mail before May 15, 2021.