A trademark recruitment portal of StreSERT Services Limited
JOB TITLE: Senior Associate (1)
JOB REF: corp-com-421
REPORTING: Managing Director
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Our Client is a subsidiary of a law firm that provides Company Secretarial functions for small and large companies and assists with business establishment, whilst providing immigration support services to companies with expatriate participation. The Client also supervises companies in diverse industries, most notably those in the Real Estate Industry.
As a result of expansion, the Client now requires a consummate legal professional with varied corporate/commercial experience, a strong personality, and a strong teamplayer.Thecandidateisalsorequiredtohaveagoodunderstandingofcompany law and a background in handling an array of commercial law issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Providing company secretarial services to clients’ businesses and partners, including scheduling meetings, proactively managing agendas, taking minutes, following up on action items to ensure achievement of deliverables and reporting on matters arising.
· Ensure client companies’ compliance with various sectoral industry Corporate Governance Codes.
· Supporting Chairman of client companies to ensure the respective Boards efficiently perform their oversight and developmental functions.
· Keep abreast of changes in legislation affecting clients’ industry and advising client companies and members as to how such changes may apply to them respectively.
· Developing a robust system of communicating decisions to members and other stakeholders (as appropriate).
· Keeping and maintaining the register of members, books of account and other statutory books of client companies; the register of directors and secretaries; the register of directors' interests; the register of charges.
· Ensure that all Company’s annual returns, share certificates and accounts are prepared & filed timeously with relevant authorities.
· Prepare relevant documents in respect of changes to the company structure as and when required. Such matters will include allotment of shares, transfer of shares, creation of different share classes, and appointments and resignations of officers.
· Filing of Statutory Forms and copies of resolutions and agreements at the Corporate Affairs Commission.
· Providing Members and Directors with notices of statutory meetings and such other meetings including drafting governance section of the client companies’ annual reports and ensuring that all reports are made available to members according to the relevant regulatory or listing requirements.
· Providing administrative support to client companies as may be required.
· Keep current and accurate time records and ensures billing responsibilities are discharged properly. Follow up on debit notes promptly.
· Support Heads of departments developing processes to grow the business
· Provide support to Board committees and build effective working relationships with all board members, offering impartial advice and acting in the best interests of the company.
· Advising on procedural & administrative systems on behalf of company clients
· Assist Board Chairmen with all development processes including board evaluation, induction and training.
· Ensuring client company policies are kept current, and that members are aware of their legal implications.
· Fulfill other responsibilities as may be delegated or assigned by the Managing Director.
· Assist client companies navigate the challenges they face as their business grows in the constantly changing global environment.
REQUIRED KEY COMPETENCIES:
· Excellent knowledge of Corporate governance
· Excellent Planning Skills
· Commercial Awareness
· Understanding the need for confidentiality of information.
· Time management skills, ability to multi-task and quick turnaround time.
· Resourceful and proactive working style
· A thorough understanding of a company's business
· Working knowledge of corporate and securities law
· Demonstration of "presence" and excellent communication skills
· Ability to overcome bureaucratic thinking in the company
· Flexible and creative
· A sense of balance no matter how pressured a situation
REQUIRED SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES
· Experience in property and real estate is ideal
· Proven track record of strong performance managing against deliverables
· Strong industry knowledge
· Must be a Chartered Secretary (ICSAN)
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
· LLB Law, BL (2:2) or higher from a reputable University.
· A Master’s Degree would be added advantage from a reputable institution.
· 8 to 10 years post call to the Nigerian Bar combined with a considerable number of work experience spent in corporate/commercial law practice.
HOW TO APPLY:
· Qualified applicants with the aforementioned requirements should forward CVs to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using ‘corp-com-421’ as subject of mails before 30th April 2021. Only candidates who meet the qualifications listed above will be invited for interviews.