A trademark recruitment portal of StreSERT Services Limited
Our client is an international private school in Abuja. The school offers a unique learning environment fostering young minds to proffer solutions to problems, train pupils with an inquisitive mind and a desire for knowledge, thereby raising disciplined and transparent future leaders.
Job Location: FCT, Abuja.
The Music teacher will be responsible for teaching student’s the fundamental principles of music, different kinds of musical instrumental (e.g. drums, pianos, xylophones etc), techniques, and how musical characters’ read. The job holder will also help students prepare for music examinations, and live performances.
· Teach music courses to students including voice, tone, tempo and rhythm skills and different kinds of musical instruments.
· Plan and prepare lessons in relation to students' needs and school’s syllabuses.
· Recognize musical talent in their students in order to encourage them to undertake further musical studies, such as joining a school choir/band.
· Assess pupils' abilities, providing feedback and writing reports.
· Schedule and conduct classes to instruct and rehearse within the assigned time.
· Understand potentials and skills of each student and guide individual student according to their skills.
· Evaluate student performance and provide feedback and assistance to improve their musical skills.
· Recommend maintenances and repairs for musical instruments when necessary.
· Maintain student behavioral standards to ensure a productive and disciplined environment during group rehearsals, practices, and performances.
· Participate in curriculum development programs, student activities and faculty committees.
· Direct school musicals for performance, help develop educational programs and collaborate with other teachers.
· Ensure up-to-date knowledge and awareness of examination requirements.
· Attend educational workshops, and professional improvement programs to maintain competence.
· NCE/ Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Music education or related field.
· At least 4-6 years of Music teaching experience in standard and structured schools.
· You must play at least three instrument with a high level of proficiency.
· Demonstrable knowledge of Music curriculum and the ability to implement it.
· Experience of both Nigeria/British curriculum is a MUST.
· Confident in leading a classroom of students.
· Flexibility and high adaptation skills to work successfully in an unpredictable school setting.
· Strong interpersonal communication skills for interaction with students, parents, and administration.
· Ability to inspire and motivate young children.
· Positive energy, resourcefulness, and patience.
· Ability to work independently with children.
· Good sense of humour and the ability to keep things in perspective while communicating effectively with children.
Salary & How to Apply
· Very attractive salary Qualified applicants with the required experience should forward CVs to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using ‘MU-TCH-ABJ’ as subject of mails before 15th February 2021. Only candidates who meet the qualifications listed above will be contacted for interviews.