A trademark recruitment portal of StreSERT Services Limited
Our client offers a unique learning environment fostering young minds to proffer solutions to problems; train pupils with an inquisitive mind and a desire for knowledge, thereby raising disciplined and transparent future leaders.
Job Location: FCT, Abuja (applicants’ should be residing in the job location).
The job holder will actively help students learn the mastery of Chemistry. The responsibilities include teaching students about chemical elements, compounds, and reactions, supervising investigations and experiments, developing rapport, and maintaining good relationships with students, preparing them for regular testing and interfacing with parents as required.
· Understand the curriculum and develop schedules, lesson plans, and teaching methods that will help students cover the required content
· Stir up and help children develop curiosity and knowledge in the chemistry subject
· Design appropriate teaching plans and execute lessons that reflect the curriculum
· Employ a variety of methodologies in teaching and instructing pupils, including demonstrations, discussions, and teaching
· Responsible for checking pupils' work, evaluating the progress and continue to monitor students’ progression in the subject
· Interface with parents on matters relating to their kids as often as required
· Design student assessment systems and methodologies
· Keep up to date with changes in the curriculum and developments in best practice
· Educate students on lab safety and ensuring all experiments are carried out responsibly
· Set up tests, assignments, experiments, and grading students justly
· Ensure appropriate resources and consultation times are available to students
· Handle various administration functions, which include updating student records and keeping track of lab supplies, tools, and equipment
· Ensure a safe, healthy classroom environment where learning can take place
· Attend staff and parent meetings, conferences and other continuing education programs.
· Very attractive salary
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Chemistry, or related field
· Any other relevant teaching/chemistry certification will be an advantage
· At least 5-7 years of teaching (Chemistry) experience in standard and structured schools
· Must be organized and analytical
· Experience of both Nigeria/British curriculum is a MUST
· Flexibility and high adaptation skills to work successfully in an unpredictable school setting
· Strong interpersonal communication skills for interaction with students, staff and parents
· Ability to inspire and enthuse children
· Positive energy, resourcefulness, and patience
· Ability to work independently with children
· Good sense of humour and the ability to keep things in perspective while communicating effectively with children
· Ability to inspire and motivate students.
· Strong multitasking skills.
Salary & How to Apply
· Qualified applicants with the required experience should forward CVs to ‘email@example.com’ using ‘CHEM-01-29’ as subject of mails before 29th January, 2021. Only candidates who meet the qualifications listed above will be contacted for interviews.