A trademark recruitment portal of StreSERT Services Limited
Our client offers exceptional learning environment encouraging young minds to proffer solutions to problems, train pupils with an inquisitive mind and a desire for knowledge, thereby raising disciplined and transparent future leaders.
Job Location: FCT, Abuja
Reports to: The Head Teacher
The job holder will work with the Head Teacher and Heads of School in all aspects of leadership and management and take responsibility for managing and leading the school’s improvement in order to create a productive, disciplined learning environment.
· Deploy and manage all teaching and non-teaching staff of the school and allocating particular duties to them.
· Represent the school at conferences and other events outside the school in the local community and nationwide
· Responsible for ensuring the school is up-to-date with innovations, from teaching practices to new technologies
· Manage staff attendance, submit timesheets and enter time into online timesheet system.
· Sustain staff performance management effective systems and incorporate teachers’ appraisals and targets for School’s achievement.
· Reporte on the school’s performance to a range of audiences, including governors, the Local Education Authority, the local community etc.
· Manage accommodation (e.g. classrooms) effectively to meet the needs of the curriculum and Health & Safety requirements
· Resolve major disciplinary issues with pupils, including working in partnership with the police and social services.
· Work in very close partnership with and support the Executive Headteacher and Heads of School in the effective day to day management of the school and school community including recruiting and inducting staff.
· Develop and implement health and safety policies, leading assemblies and staff meetings, arranging cover for absent staff or staff on PPA / training, hosting and organising whole school events such as open days and parents evening, and responding to the views, needs etc.
· Work with the whole staff to develop a strong learning environment that has at its centre high expectations of learning, work, performance, academic achievement and behaviour.
· Support the Headteacher to ensure that all teaching and learning and assessment policies and protocols are in place and up to date.
· Share responsibility for the induction and deployment of new staff, trainee teachers/ students and parents/ carers working in classrooms and throughout the school.
· Support the headteacher in ensuring the efficiency of teaching and learning including teachers’ planning, monitoring, work sampling and scrutiny, lesson observations, supporting auditing and reporting outcomes, successful or otherwise and planning next steps and future actions
· Any other duty or similar responsibility assigned by headteacher.
Salary is open to negotiation
Academic & professional Qualification:
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
Masters degree/ professional courses will be beneficial
· A Qualified Teacher status or recognized teaching license is preferred (TRCN)
· At least 8 -10 years of teaching experience in standard and structured schools.
· Experience of both Nigeria/British curriculum is a MUST
KEY COMPETENCIES & ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
· Ability to manage children’s behaviour in a positive way and to promote good relationships and behaviour
· Highly developed interpersonal skills - able to talk effectively to children, parents, governors, external professionals and colleagues.
· Able to liaise effectively with agencies, build good working relationships and rapport with colleagues and government agencies.
· Able to produce careful, accurate, positive and well written reports, policies, guidance, letters and memos.
· Confident in use of ICT as a teaching, learning, communication and administrative tool
· Able to multi-task and to effectively manage a wide and extensive portfolio
· Creative, warm, engaging, transparent and intelligent
· Well organized, calm and very positive, confident and assuring
· High levels of emotional literacy
· Able to lead, encourage, inspire, motivate staff and students
· Dependable and reliable, with an excellent record of attendance
· Effective team leader/member and a model of professionalism
· Flexible, able to respond quickly to changes and think on his/her feet
· Willing to go the extra mile, have high levels of stamina, energy and determination
Method of application:
· Qualified applicants should send CVs to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ Using "ASHT-IS” as the subject of email before 30th November 2020.