A trademark recruitment portal of StreSERT Services Limited
Our client offers exceptional learning environment encouraging young minds to proffer solutions to problems, train pupils with an inquisitive mind and a desire for knowledge, thereby raising disciplined and transparent future leaders.
Job Location: FCT, Abuja
The job holder helps children develop physical abilities and healthy habits that can last for the rest of their lives. The aim is to educate students in exercise regimens, the history and societal impact of sports, nutrition and weight control programs, and advancing their interest in individual and team sports.
· Implement and deliver a broad, unbiased, relevant curriculum for students according to their grades.
· Facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
· Promote and encourage a healthy lifestyle for students and staff at the school.
· Organize PE/Sport workshops for staff and parents as scheduled in the school’s calendar.
· Arrange and perform all crucial physical educational activities.
· Perform with academic teacher as well as clinical staff to identify adaptive physical educational requirements of children.
· Evaluate every student’s physical abilities by informal testing.
· Plan different recreational activities important for growth of students.
· Establish precise objectives for every lesson, unit and project.
· Stimulate administration policies and rules related to physical education.
· Be a role model for students, inspiring them to be actively interested in PE.
· Maintain appropriate records and to provide relevant accurate and up-to-date information for the school assessment system.
· Maintain discipline in accordance with the school procedures, and to encourage good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and activities.
· Promote aspects of Personal Development related to PE Updating professional knowledge and expertise as appropriate to keep up to date with developments in teaching practice and methodology.
· Ensure a high quality learning environment within the PE area.
· Any other duty of related responsibility assigned from time to time.
· Salary is open to negotiation
Academic & professional Qualification:
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
· A Qualified Teacher status or recognized teaching license is preferred (TRCN)
· At least 5-6 years of PE and Sports experience – teaching and practical in standard and structured schools.
· Experience of both Nigeria/British curriculum is a MUST
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
· Knowledge of administering First Aid treatment
· Ability to priorities workloads and work on own initiative
· Knowledge of best practice for Teaching and learning
· Professional understanding of the educational needs of children
· Enthusiasm for sports and willingness to be involved extracurricular activities
· Ability to inspire children and adults with an enthusiasm for learning
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Good team player with good IT skills
Method of application:
· Qualified applicants should send CVs to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ Using "PHY-ACTY” as the subject of email before 30th November 2020.