A trademark recruitment portal of StreSERT Services Limited
Our client is into the manufacturing of diverse FMCG products.
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Location: Lagos State
· To collaborates with the Head of Transport and Fleet Manager to create a strategic plan for performance improvement measures to maximize the use of the company’s trucks.
· Continuously explore opportunities to reduce the operating costs by making the company’s truck more efficient and effective.
· Ensured strict compliance to daily maintenance schedule of trucks in order to improve operational efficiency.
· Construct all emergency response plans and perform safety inspections and audits
· Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency.
· Plan journey routes, design road hazard map and meet delivery schedules
· Track vehicle and fuel usage and consumption rates; ensure that potential problems or fuel misuse is raised to management.
· Track vehicle registration and insurance and work with procurement to ensure these are always renewed in a timely manner.
· Ensures compliance to all policies, procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), with recommendations for action and continuous improvement
· To ensure that the truck is not use for any illegal activities or hauling of passengers by the driver.
· Prepare Fleet report to your manager on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
· To ensure dispatch of all loaded trucks under his/her control and track its movement until it reaches its destination.
· To be checking/Tracking the movement of your truck using the control facility to confirm your telephone conversation with the driver.
· Ensure that the trucks have all the safety element required by both State and Federal law.
· Report any HSE issues/accidents/near misses to your line manager immediately.
· Excellent organizing and prioritizing skills
· Extensive experience of analytical work in a multi-location.
· Strong planning and problem solving skills
· Able to demonstrate a proactive approach to the position.
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills
· Ethical conduct and collaboration skills.
· Ability to manage pressure and meet deadlines.
First degree in Logistics and Transport Management or other related field.
Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in similar role.
Experience of compliance requirements for the transport industry.
Experience of fleet telemetry/Truck tracking systems.
Experience of fleet maintenance systems.
· Very attractive.
· Qualified applicants with experience in Fleet Management should forward CVs to ‘email@example.com’ using ‘FTAN’ as subject of mail before 15th May, 2020.