A trademark recruitment portal of StreSERT Services Limited
Our client is a not-for-profit organization (NGO) with a focus on being a strategic vehicle for nation building across the African Continent. The NGO is a network of Christian professionals and leaders committed to making a permanent encounter on society through their activities in the marketplace. Their programmes are designed to develop and support Christians to become effective heralds in the marketplace, thus facilitating societal transformation at all levels.
Job Location: Lagos State
Summary of the role:
The Executive Director will serve as the Chief Executive Officer of the network; he/she will have overall responsibility of implementing the strategic direction of the organization as agreed with the board of directors. This role reports directly to the Chairman of the Board of Directors.
Specific Responsibilities assigned to the role are:
1. Formulating short-mid-long-term strategic direction through engagement with the Board of Directors
2. Overall responsibility for strategy implementation and achieving stated goals and objectives
3. Programme/product development and delivery in conjunction with internal and external partners
4. Boosting the brand and image of the organization; serving as its spokesperson in interactions with various stakeholders
5. Ensuring financial sustainability through active Fundraising and Treasury management activities
6. Taking adequate measures for the organization’s compliance with local laws and regulations pertaining to the not-for-profit space
7. Building adequate strategic alliances as well as team capacity in terms of skills and staff composition
8. Hiring, mentoring and building a high-performance team, ensuring that the organization’s values are reflected and entrenched in the culture
9. Strengthening internal business processes and structures to ensure world class delivery of all products and services
10. Building and enriching the organization as a go-to resource center over the long run
Managing other duties as may be assigned by the Board of Directors from time to time
Open to negotiations
To qualify for the role, this person should have:
1. A strong first degree (no less than Second Class Honors or Higher Division qualification) from a recognized tertiary institution (A post graduate degree is an added advantage).
2. Worked in a senior management role, leading teams, for at least five years.
3. A good understanding of local trends and dynamics
4. Past project management experiences in various situations
This person should have proven skills and competencies in the following areas:
1. Strong strategic thinking and reasoning skills
2. Effective communications skills (written and verbal)
3. Very good interpersonal and relationship-building skills
4. Proven marketing and fundraising skills
5. Good team-building and leadership skills
6. Financial management awareness and skills
7. Strong organizing and project management skills
How to apply:
Interested & qualified candidates should please send profiles to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using ‘ED/CEO/CPL’ as the subject of mail before 17th March, 2020.
***Please attach a cover letter explaining the reasons for your interest in the role***