A trademark recruitment portal of StreSERT Services Limited
Our client, a Commodity Exports Company is seeking to employ suitably qualified candidates to fill the role of an Accountant (chartered).
Job Title: Accountant (with good knowledge of Nigeria Taxation).
Location: Akure, Ondo State.
Responsible for the company’s financial management function; manages the accounts and ensures adequate financial control measures are in place.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Oversees and directs all general accounting functions, including chart of accounts and general ledger, cash receipts and accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, petty cash, bank reconciliation and client trust accounts.
· Prepares the company’s annual budget and cash flow projections.
· Maintains adequate records of all transactions and ensures that transactions are posted daily/weekly (i.e. local banking transactions, receipts, cheque payments, petty cash transactions, fee notes, etc).
· Conducts monthly bank reconciliation; prepares the monthly Staff payroll and coordinates with the line manager.
· Responsible for the statutory deductions of PAYE Tax, Pension, Withholding Tax and VAT, and remittance to the relevant local authorities on a monthly basis.
· Coordinates the company’s annual audit in collaboration with the External Auditors.
· Establishes and maintains appropriate internal controls to safeguard assets, to ensure proper accounting of transactions and to promote operational efficiency within the Accounts Unit.
· Maintains proper inventory of the company’s assets through the Fixed Assets Register.
· Maintains records of staff travel advances and compilation of un-retired advances at the end of each month.
· Acts as an interface between the company and its bankers.
· Assists in the company’s debt collection efforts. Ensures receivables are paid in a timely manner.
· Supervises the work of the Accounts Clerk.
· Performs cash management functions. Ensures Client accounts are properly funded.
· Any other responsibility assigned by line manager.
· Proposed salary is N150, 000 net monthly
Qualification & Other Attributes
· A graduate with back ground in Accounting.
· Chartered (ICAN or ACCA) with good knowledge of Nigeria Taxation.
· Minimum of 3 years core accounting duties with the ability to work without supervision.
· Organizational skills with attention to detail.
· Reporting skills, deadline-oriented, time management.
· Reasoning ability, mathematical ability, and logical thinking skills.
· Problem solving and Effective time-management skills.
· Proficient with MS Office (word, excel, Power point) a MUST and knowledge of essential accounting software usage such as Peachtree, Sage, SAP, Tally etc.
· Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
How to Apply
· Qualify and interested applicants who meet the requirements listed above should forward CVs to ‘email@example.com’ using ‘CA-Akure’ as subject of the mail before 7th February, 2020.