A trademark recruitment portal of StreSERT Services Limited
Our client offers a unique learning environment fostering young minds to proffer solutions to problems, train pupils with an inquisitive mind and a desire for knowledge, thereby raising disciplined and transparent future leaders.
Job Location: FCT, Abuja.
2 Positions: A class teacher for nursery 2 (reception) as well as coordinator of key stage 1 (early years, year 1 and 2).
The ideal candidates are expected to work with children aged 0-5 in classes between nursery, preschool and reception classes. The aim is to motivate children and imaginatively use resources to help them learn, whilst providing a safe environment for them to develop their social and communication skills. The focus will be the development of these children in preparation for a successful transition into primary school.
Assist with the development of the children's personal, language, social and physical coordination
Work with, and develop visual aids and teaching resources
Stimulate arithmetic and creative development through stories, songs, games, drawing and imaginative play
Stir up and help children develop curiosity and knowledge
Build and maintain cordial relationships with parents, giving prompt feedback on their children/wards from time to time
Evaluate children's performance through various age-grade assessments
Ensure the health and safety of children and staff is maintained during all activities, both inside and outside the nursery or school
Keep up to date with changes in the curriculum and developments in best practice
· Between N150,000 to N250,000 monthly (based on experience)
Respect and fondness for children
Ability to plan the children's day and respond to their different needs
Good communication and listening skills
Ability to inspire and enthuse young children
Positive energy, resourcefulness, responsibility, and patience
Ability to work independently with children
Good sense of humour and the ability to keep things in perspective while communicating effectively with children
· NCE/B.Ed and knowledge/experience with the Montessori or Early Years Education
· At least 4-6 years of teaching experience in standard and structured schools
· Experience of both Nigeria/British curriculum is a MUST
· Qualified applicants with the required experience should forward CVs to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using ‘EY-19’ as subject of mails before 21st November, 2019. Only candidates who meet the qualifications listed above will be contacted for interviews.