A trademark recruitment portal of StreSERT Services Limited
Our client is a voluntary, Christian faith-based organisation. The vacant position requires an exceptional level of professionalism and the ability to work in an environment where multitasking, sound decision making, self-motivation, and discretion are essential.
Job Location: Gbagada, Lagos State.
The purpose of the role is to manage the diary of the Senior Pastor as well as supervise and facilitate the day-to-day administrative operations of the church. In summary, the role provides an efficient, administrative, and responsive service to the office of the Senior Pastor.
1) Personal Assistant/Office Management Responsibilities
a. The PA to the Senior Pastor (SP) will provide high-level administrative support to the office of the Senior Pastor
b. Assist the Senior Pastor (SP) in conducting daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, & annual reviews of tasks, programmes and correspondences
c. Ensure busy diary commitments, programmes, and travel arrangements are managed effectively
d. Administer the church diary, arranging programmes and invitations and setting up meetings as required
e. Order supplies for the church’s use and oversees the maintenance of equipment and complies with any maintenance and service contracts
f. Review and implement procedures to ensure clear, efficient and effective operations
a. Manage all correspondence, including post, e-mail, and phone calls to the members
b. Supervise the distribution of the church’s materials/books, planning for meeting days, sending invites and letters
c. Documentation of members' information; ensuring they are updated
d. Act as first point of contact for all enquiries whether in person or by phone, post, and email ensuring they are dealt with politely and followed up by appropriate action
e. Conduct weekly diary meetings with the SP to discuss upcoming programmes, invitations and other requests
f. Keep and maintain accurate records of paper and electronic correspondences on behalf of the SP
g. Prepare correspondence on behalf of the SP, including the drafting of general replies
h. Provide administrative support to the church’s board member for all matters relating to the
organizations events; member visits; printed communications or via social media etc.
3) Management of the church’s premise and building
a. Ensure the premise is clean, tidy and safe for all visitors and members
b. Supervise the purchase sufficient materials and equipment for cleaning
c. Payment of bills, and vendor management
d. Ensure a safe and clean working environment within the building
e. Any other duty or similar responsibility assigned
• Relevant degree
Skills and competencies
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills – written and oral
• Strong attention to detail
• General office and clerical skills
• Confident IT skills
• Strong planning skills with the ability to work autonomously and manage workload
• Confident and able to work with own initiative and with limited supervision
• Ability to work flexibly
• Experience of dealing with matters of confidentiality, sensitivity with compassion
• Ability to make decisions and take an initiative
• Motivated to deliver high-quality output
• Qualified candidates with 4 years of experience in a similar filed or an NGO should send CVs to ‘email@example.com’ using ‘FATE’ as the subject of mail before 15th October 2019. Qualified candidates will be invited for interviews.